Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Arianna-

 The group presentations on public speaking were magnificent! As all groups were enlightening and reassuring, I enjoyed the valuable tips on overcoming anxiety. , practicing, visualizing the bigger picture, and going through the steps of success to enhance our brighter futures. I learned to transform nerves into energy. I feel certain techniques such as positive self-talk and focusing on preparation stood out to me. The presentations equipped me with strategies that are practical and opportunities for growth rather than growing in fear. As I feel motivated to experience these helpful tips, I still find myself feeling under pressure when I know it's my time to present! I find this class will ease all of us. I also appreciated the small clips that were presented, as I’m sure anyone would appreciate a visual way of seeing things! As I made it an approach to practice deliverance and making an experience one to remember, the chance for growth always stands out. Appreciating public speech turns out to be quite a gift; you never know how it may come in handy with your future career. One thing I enjoy about this class is how our group presentations connect us, helps with communication and teaches us the value of being able to speak well in front of others. As we are all creative in our own ways, we get to experience the visuals of others, the opinions, and what matters most to each and every one of us in this class. I enjoy conversation with strangers, and getting to know different backgrounds and stories is all a process of growth and building strength to feel more comfortable with one another. I enjoy helping other build confidence and enhancing better skills in personal relationships. I feel that our presentations in this class will make us become more adaptable in social connections. As I mentioned "fight or flight" in my project, the adrenaline energy will make or break you! As an individual practices public speech, I think this is a great skill for overall positive differences in your life. The communication growing up at home during a childhood might not have been effective; middle school didn't enforce public speaking; not many friends or found interests to share along with others; difficulty with jobs and tedious coworkers; there are many ways positive public communication can make that personal divergence. As we improve our critical thinking, leadership, and network opportunity skills, being understanding fosters empathy for our audiences. As I learn resilience, facing my fears allows me to handle criticism to adapt on the spot aspects of life. Crafting projects helps me manage my time and personal life as I am able to show my creativity in many ways. As I intend to cultivate a range of skills and qualities that will contribute to my future, these connections will help me alongside mentorships, career advancements, and expose my profile to the highest of my abilities. I aim to develop key skills such as clarity of persuasive techniques, storytelling, and eye contact. I want to be able to deliver a message that will empower me in social and professional interactions. As public speaking is a daunting prospect for many, those grappling with feelings of self-doubt and anxiety often find themselves frozen, stifling their ability to express their opinions and ideas to connect meaningfully with their audience. I want to work on certain personal aspects, as each presentation began with a whirlwind of emotions! I noticed how some of us were nervous, excited, and a dash of apprehended. I learned that reading the chapter that was assigned to me helped me engage with the material and convey my enthusiasm. The process for the presentations were so much fun. I discovered how important it is to be organized, and I was able to appreciate all the explanation and structure crafted by each group. It makes it easy for classmates to follow along what's being spoken and being able to keep up without the feeling of being lost helps create logical flow. I practiced rehearsing which revealed what areas of improvement are needed and assisted with my flow and pace. As the day of presentations came around, I felt a mix of anticipated emotions. I understand we are sitting in front of a screen, and I'm about to speak in front of a class of strangers, but once I felt myself explaining what my chapter was about, I knew this was all part of the learning journey. One memorable moment during the group presentations were the videos that were attached, as I am a visual learner and who doesn't enjoy a good cartoon clip? I enjoy receiving feedback from my peers and instructors, as that pivotal aspect of my learning journey just means I'm improving overall. I learned to view feedback as a huge tool for improvement and self-reflection. As I analyze my strengths and weaknesses, I discovered my identity as well. With each successful speech, I discovered a new appreciation for public speaking. I enjoy engaging with others, and even the opportunity to extend this beyond our class, I know I can positively influence others. I appreciate diverse perspectives, room for relationship improvement, and connecting on a deeper level. I understand that anxiety is a universal experience even amongst those that have mastered feeling less intimidated. Preparation comes in handy throughout all aspects in our lives but reduces struggle to deliver better body language and vocal delivery. I hope to always continue to work on developing a more polished and confident delivery no matter where I go. I am motivated to create my content with various groups that really focus on relevant and impactful energy. As I aim to practice the techniques explained, my overall presence is important to me. I want to be viewed by others as someone who initiates the first move, whether opening conversation, closing, meeting someone for an important event, or even attending a parent-teacher conference; as a parent, I strive to teach my younger one how their positive attitude will influence others to be proactive in communicating whether about feelings or speaking in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Immigration- Ashlee R

  Hello Good After noon everyone, I will be writing in regards to our projects about the Election. Which is a very important topic for this ...