Hello Good Morning / Evening class, My name is Ashlee Rubiera. I joined this class this fall to to learn about SPC and how I can use it in my every day to day life, I love learning about this topic and enjoy this topic very much even if it is a bit repetitive when it comes to its concepts. I still enjoy learning on ways to improve and expand my expertise of speeches and public speaking. I am part of group 1 which had to do the chapters 1 ,2 ,3 , and 5 . We basically were in charge of putting those chapters into smaller details for you guys to understand better and easier. They had to do with the beginning of Public Speaking. We mainly talked about tips and ideas with strong details and main points for public speaking. On how to find a better way to give a speech. Such as having confidence, and using research to better understand the context of your speech. I also learned how to interact with our audience while giving our speeches. Public speaking is important and can play a role in your ever y day to day life. It can also help you make a better speech and can also help you get the job you have always wanted with a more positive attitude. These chapters and presentations did teach me tips on how to give better speech such as when you have an audience it is better to converse with them than to just talk to them. It would make them feel more encouraged to respond to you and have a great conversation starter. As well as topics and ideas are important when making a speech. It can also cause the audience to pay more attention and have more respect towards your public speaking. Confidence is the biggest role in your public speaking speech because it can cause a shift towards the audience its to respond in a better way affirmative way. From what I enjoyed learning from the other groups presentations was that public speaking can be a little scary at first, but with the right tips, it can cause you to feel more confident about your speech and enhance your future public speaking skills. It is always better to start with picking a topic you are passionate about and it will add interest to your speech because you will be more fluent with the topic and can already know certain facts about the topic. It is best to divide your speech into sections such as an eye catching opening, a body that includes a few important ideas and facts, and an impacting ending. Another important tip in pubic speaking is practice makes perfect. So it I best to practice with friends or in front of a mirror. To k keep your audience interested, always remember to smile and maintain eye contact with them to enhance level of interest and enhance their way of thinking and knowledge. It is good to maybe bring some flash cards with you or maybe a poster to maintain a steady conversation flow. Certain chapters in the book used techniques for practice and preparation, encouraging speakers to rehearse their speeches multiple times to improve fluency and reduce anxiety. It outlines strategies for creating effective outlines, which help organize main points and supporting ideas. It also influences the importance of practicing speeches multiple times to refine content and delivery, ensuring that speakers are well-prepared and confident for their speeches. During the presentations we also watched a few other videos, the most eye captivating video was when the one of the groups presented they had in put a video of when 911 had occurred. Which Which it showed a great example of a public speaking moment. Even in a bad event it is good to keep your cool in front of everyone especially when public speaking. Mainly so the room you are in does not start to panic and so they can o view you as a calm and collective person who is great at public speaking to the point that even when horrible events are happening in this big world, you can still provide a great leading example by achieving that level of calmness and supportive engagment. It is good to be calm and and to strive your best to lead the speech with a serene attitude. In order to keep feeling relaxation even if you're feeling anxious. It is best to take a few deep breaths and remember who you are and why you want to strive and give that speech. It is mainly to encourage others to be themselves and to have them engage in your conversation. Finally, just be yourself and show off your uniqueness. As I was watching the other groups presentations. I saw how creative and different everyone was with their own idea of Public Speaking and giving speeches. Some are shy, outspoken, short spoken, funny, and unique. Everyone did a great job in capturing the ways of public speaking and giving speeches. Almost all the chapters together provide a comprehensive foundation for effectiveness of public speaking, covering essential skills from delivery to preparation, being confident and overcoming anxiety. It is great to see others relaying information regarding public speaking mainly because every one thinks differently and you can understand a lot more when some one else is giving a speech. I definitely learned so much information and achieved a better understanding on how to give a speech. I am better of prepared to give a presentation than I was before I joined this class, and it is only the beginning. I cannot wait to see what this class has in store and will bring for us. It was overall a great and wonderful experience and cannot wait to see what the future holds for us in this class especially my group and the other groups in this class as well who did an amazing job capturing the essence of giving a speech. Goodluck to all !!
Tuesday, September 24, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Immigration- Ashlee R
Hello Good After noon everyone, I will be writing in regards to our projects about the Election. Which is a very important topic for this ...
-
ARIANNA- The group presentations on public speaking were magnificent! As all groups were enlightening and reassuring, I enjoyed the valuable...
-
Taking a speech class has been a transformative experience for me, opening up new avenues for self-expression and communication. I felt a m...
-
Hello class, my name is Bryan, and I was part of group 1 and our presentation on public speaking. As a group, we presented on chapters 1,2...
No comments:
Post a Comment